Welcome to my homepage!
I am a Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for Quantum Technologies in Singapore and a visiting scientist at the University of Oxford, where I am part of the Quantum Systems Engineering group. I am a theoretical physicist working in the field of quantum physics and its applications in Quantum Technologies.
Quantum technologies aim to enhance the performance of next-generation technologies by exploiting the laws of quantum physics. Quantum physics is the branch of physics that describes the laws of nature that apply to microscopic objects which are much smaller than those of our everyday life. The typical size of these microscopic objects is a single atom, which is a basic unit of matter. Almost one hundred years after the invention of quantum physics, our increasing ability to control complex physical systems on the quantum level promises to dramatically enhance the performance of applications like sensing, metrology, communication, imaging, and computing. More details about my current research can be found here.
- (30.03.2021) Our paper on quantum self-supervised learning appears on the arXiv: B. Jaderberg, L. W. Anderson, W. Xie, S. Albanie, M. Kiffner, and D. Jaksch, Quantum self-supervised learning, arXiv:2103.14653.
- (01.02.2021) Our paper on directional THz generation in hot Rubidium vapor gets published: M. Lam, S. B. Pal, T. Vogt, M. Kiffner, and W. Li, Directional THz generation in hot Rb vapor excited to a Rydberg state, Opt. Lett. 46, 1017 (2021).
- (22.06.2020) Our paper on the ultrafast creation of overlapping Rydberg electrons in an atomic BEC and Mott-Insulator lattice gets published: M. Mizoguchi, Y. Zhang,M. Kunimi, A. Tanaka, S. Takeda, N. Takei, V. Bharti, K. Koyasu, T. Kishimoto, D. Jaksch, A. Glaetzle, M. Kiffner, G. Masella, G. Pupillo, M. Weidemüller, and K. Ohmori, Ultrafast Creation of Overlapping Rydberg Electrons in an Atomic BEC and Mott-Insulator Lattice, Phys. Rev. Lett. 124, 253201 (2020).
- (15.06.2020) Our paper on hardware requirements for hybrid quantum-classical dynamical mean-field calculations gets published: B. Jaderberg, A. Agarwal, K. Leonhardt, M. Kiffner, and D. Jaksch, Minimum Hardware Requirements for Hybrid Quantum-Classical DMFT, Quantum Sci. Technol.5, 034015 (2020).
- (13.01.2020) Our paper on finite-size dipolar Bose-Hubbard systems gets published: P. Rosson, M. Kiffner, J. Mur-Petit, and D. Jaksch, Characterizing the phase diagram of finite-size dipolar Bose-Hubbard systems, Phys. Rev. A 101, 013616 (2020).
- (06.01.2020) Our paper on variational quantum computing for nonlinear problems gets published: M. Lubasch, J. Joo, P. Moinier, M. Kiffner, and D. Jaksch, Variational Quantum Algorithms for Nonlinear Problems, Phys. Rev. A 101, 010301(R) (2020).